October 2016 - present
MID-LEVEL UX PRODUCT DESIGNER
PUSHPAY | SaaS | Mobile payments.
(Fastest growing company in Asia Pacific).
The key skill I needed for this role was to design experiences that is going to change communities behaviour. These communities are adverse to technology. I had to learn how to transition their buying habits to going digital. This required team collaboration, listening and perseverance. We are learning what it takes to create an experience so easy and engaging, that the people that who had never made a payment digitally, are now not wanting to pay offline. My input in design + research created an experience that is actively increasing generosity in non-profits as well as making lives easier and communities stronger.
• Design exceptional experiences that embodied flow and focus.
This was achieved by concepting user flows required utilizing hidden smarts to ensure every touchpoint had been considered.
• Architecting personalisation.
This was by ensuring meaningful information that is surfaced in the appropriate areas. This kept security measurements at the core but creatively considered ways to leveraged delight.
• Strategic forward thinking.
How are our users going to change? How can we still create a loveable product for them 3 years from now? Each task required designing with qualitative and quantitative data.
• Initiate, plan, conduct and document customer interaction
These included active listening sessions, unmoderated and moderated remote usability testing, user interviews and video diaries.
• Not designing alone.
Collaborating with product managers, engineers and business stakeholders. Benchmarking, writing user stories, building service blueprints and wireframes, collectively agreeing upon requirements to ensure exceptional design and experiences was at the core.
• Leveling up.
I campaigned leveling up of the design system to focus on accessibility and meaningful in product messaging which required working with software engineers, accessibility specialist and customers.
The key skill I needed for this role was to architect an exceptional omni-channel experience that was realistic within the technical and Wellington City Council's constraints. This required learning how to design with data. I learned Google analytics, A/B testing and really started flexing my field research skills.
• Creating responsive design mockups and writing functional requirements for the remote engineering teams.
• Measuring website performance using analytical tools to then Initiate an A/B testing strategy
• Designing with data. Prototyping from qualitative and qualitative results
• Working closely with CX consultant to ensure all every touch point is optimised
• Collaborating with remote engineering team to create a design system.
March 2016 - February 2017
UI | UX DESIGNER
MEVO | Electric car sharing service.
June 2015 - October 2016
JR UX DESIGNER | DIGITAL DESIGNER
MINISTRY OF BUSINESS INNOVATION | Service design - NZ Govt.
The key skill I needed for this role was to learn how to best approach UX practices within a business to enable growth. This required curiosity, asking questions and approachability so that I could grow within my team (Service Design team). I learned the fundamentals of what makes great UX research from some of the best researchers and UX Consultants in New Zealand.
• Map service design blueprints for better customer interactions between the New Zealand government and NZ citizens.
• Collaborate closely with UX researchers in building prototypes and synthesising data.
• Participate, conduct and document usability testing, eye tracking and problem discovery sessions.
• Design responsive mobile and desktop assets for developers
• Measure and report website performance using analytical tools.
CHARTERED INSTITUTE OF MARKETING - 2016
Certificate in Digital Marketing
AUCKLAND UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY - 2014
Bachelor of Visual Communication Design with a minor in Digital Design.
QUEEN MARGARET COLLEGE - 2010
- NCEA level 2 and 3 with Excellence
- Art Award for year 12 - 13
- National commendation for Photography
- Cultural Captain (organizing the Art Shows and events within the school.